Friday, August 26, 2011

First sign of autumn

When I woke up the other morning...and looked out the window...


I saw three or four leaves that had turned.


Love autumn, so I was excited to see this. I know, it means that I can't just open the door and step outside without a jacket or whatever, but I do love it. 

Okay, on to the Harris Tweed problem. I will be giving one or two of the shawls away, but the truth is I want to keep it all! :) Wicked. There is even something missing and, look, I could open a shop!


Flowers from LICS, napkin rings from Anne, one shawl from my class, pin was a gift, too, handbags accumulated over the years, so it's not like I bought it all this time!


So, I'll be warm this autumn and so will a couple of my friends and family when they get their tweed. 

We are all bracing for hurricane Irene that is supposed to cause us some trouble Saturday night and Sunday. The market looked like a Saturday when I went over this morning. We aren't used to this weather at all. When hurricanes go through our area they usually have the decency to stay out to sea, but Irene's decided she wants a tour of the whole east coast. Mostly have to watch for trees falling (high wind for us is about 40 mph), some flooding since we have already had the wettest August in recorded history and the river is high from that, and power outages. Hang on!





1 comment:

  1. Love all the Harris Tweed!! You will just have to come back for more.. :)

    Just seen some pretty nasty pictures from the hurricane, hope you are all fine, and didn't have any damage!

    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete