Thursday, August 4, 2011

Around here

I think I only have one reader left...so I'm posting just for you now, Anne. A few more pictures of this place! Weather is cooler today. Overcast 82. Not exactly cool, but better than Monday.

Was over in NJ near my parents' again early in the week - farm stand for corn, tomatoes and peaches.


An intersection that would be much more efficient if it were a round about instead of a light. No one in sight and me just using up fuel.


Driving into Pennington. I lived just outside of the town limits when I was in high school.


This church (not in the photo, but there is one...)was here during the Revolutionary War and the British exercised their horses jumping over this wall around the cemetery.



A very old prep school which I did not attend. They have many students from other countries. I do remember getting in the car late one night when I was growing up because this end of it was on fire, so we drove nearby to see...no one was hurt. I'm amazed we did that since my grandfather and uncles were firemen and had always warned my mother about "chasing fires." 


About a mile and a half away is my mom and dad's.


And from the drive way I can show you where I went to high school. See it between the trees across the street? Yes, we were that close. My brothers were always having detentions for being late! 


Then I head home across the Delaware River - very narrow bridge. Some people refuse to use it. You get used to it.


coming to the bridge



crossing...


And on my side is where George Washington had his troops before they crossed on Christmas Day and defeated the Hessians at Trenton. His headquarters was this stone building.



Another few houses in the village have been preserved as it is an historic park now.



Back at home. This was taken just before company arrived. That's as neat as it gets. 


Running out of things to put up. Don't know when I'll post again. Bye for now. :)




2 comments:

  1. Argghhh! Just posted a long comment, and it didn't work :/

    Anyway - love the photos; loved the guided tour - felt like I was in the passenger seat of your car :) Maybe one day, I'll do it in real life ;)

    Love that your brothers were always late for school and it right beside you. Hah! We'd be the same.

    Keep 'em coming,
    Love, A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't realize how many flags there were in these pictures. We are patriotic!

    ReplyDelete